Who we are
Tracing its history back to 1946, Montrusco Bolton Investments Inc. is an independent asset management firm with approximately CAD 11.5 billion in assets under management. Our team of investment professionals still shares the same entrepreneurial spirit which drives the way we serve our institutional clients globally.
A diversified and inclusive team
We have a passion for managing money. Our team is composed of investment professionals from a diverse set of cultures, academic backgrounds, and work experiences. The goal being to always evaluate investment ideas from multiple perspectives and reach our clients’ objectives.Meet our team
Montrusco Bolton is a Canadian boutique investment firm with institutional clients in North America, Europe and Asia. We have a successful track record of achieving long‑term goals based on specific needs and risk tolerance. We have fresh insights regarding portfolio management, strong views about our client focus and deep roots in Canadian communities.
Privately held and independent
Headquartered in Montreal, Montrusco Bolton is a reliable, privately held and independent firm. Half of the company’s staff is made up of investment professionals managing in excess of CAD 11.5 billion in assets under management. Our independent status gives us solid foundations for growth and our employee-owned structure ensures that we attract and retain the best talent.
Driven to succeed
Passion has a place in the way we do business. Our product lineup is a reflection of our client-centric approach. It includes Canadian fixed income and equities, as well as U.S. and Global equities. We also offer alternative solutions through exclusive partnerships and sub-advisory agreements, managed by entrepreneurial and specialized investment firms.
Montrusco Bolton strongly believes in maintaining the highest standards of transparency, integrity and accountability. As a result, we have established a firm-wide structure ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations in every critical sector of the company (investment, trading, administration, marketing and IT), while improving risk management. In addition,
- We are:
- registered in Canada (Portfolio Manager, Investment Fund Manager and Exempt Market Dealer) since 1946 and in the U.S. (Investment Adviser) since 2010;
- members of the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) since 2000 and the Portfolio Management Association of Canada (PMAC) since 2011;
- signatories of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) since 2011, which is an investor initiative in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact; and
- signatories of the Responsible Investment Association (RIA) since 2022.
- We use National Regulatory Services (NRS), a compliance firm, since 2010, to help us with the US regulations.