LAST UPDATED: March 18, 2021
What information do we collect?
The information we collect depends on the investment solutions you inquire and buy, the services you have access to and use, the payment method you use, and the way you communicate with us. We collect information in several ways:
i) Information you give to us
We define the term “Personal Information” to mean any information that we directly associate with a specific person/legal entity, or that reasonably can be used to identify a specific person/legal entity. We may collect the following Personal Information through your use of our website or by our client servicing:
- Name or Legal Entity Name
- Principal business or occupation
- Email address
- Date of birth
- ID information
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Legal Entity Registration Number
- Payment or banking information
ii) Cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
iii) Calls, online chats, and other communications
We may record calls, online chats and other communications between us to ensure quality customer service, confirm our discussions and your instructions, resolve complaints, and train our staff. If you do not want your communications recorded, you can do business with us by visiting our offices, or by writing or emailing us.
Why do we collect and use information?
We collect and use your personal information for several reasons including to:
- Prove your identity and give you proper access to resources;
- Improve our product and services;
- Process transactions;
- Administer our products;
- Verify and provide information and compile statistics for our databases;
- Report to regulatory or industry entities consistent with prudent and legally required investment industry practices;
- Detect, prevent and suppress fraud, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Comply with all applicable laws, including tax requirements.
We do not sell personal information obtained about you to other companies for the purpose of marketing products or services to you.
How do we protect your personal information?
We follow the industry’s best security practices to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information we collect from you, both during the transmission and at the reception.
For more information, click here to read our guide on internet security.
We are committed to keeping your information secure and using it appropriately. Your personal information will be handled safely and responsibly, and we will:
- Respect the confidential nature of the information you provide through your financial relationship with us;
- Limit the collection and use of client information to that which we believe is necessary to serve you, administer our business or tell you about our services;
- Restrict employee access to client information to those who need to know in order to provide services to you;
- Educate our employees to reinforce the importance of confidentiality and client privacy;
- Maintain appropriate security standards and procedures to protect information about you.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
We do not disclose any personal information to anyone other than service providers and relevant counterparties without your consent. Non-affiliated companies that assist us in providing services to you are required to maintain confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it and use your personal information only in the course of providing such service and only for the purpose that we dictate. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to fulfill your instructions or pursuant to your expressed consent.
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in our being unable to accept your business or provide services to you. We will make every effort to ensure that all information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. You can help in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you do not wish to have your personal information disclosed as described in this policy, please contact us at the address listed below.
MONTRUSCO BOLTON INVESTMENTS INC.
1501 McGill College Avenue, Suite 1200
Montreal (Quebec) H3A 3M8 Canada
1 (877) 842-6464